TRC: tar revision control
trc is released under the MIT Public License
TRC is the ultimate revision control system
- simple: no options, just one argument
- decentralized: doesn't even have cumbersome network capacities
- lightweight: easy to install, doesn't rely on 42 obscure libraries, or perl
- standard: you can use it even if you don't have it
- collaborative: just use it with netcat, scp, rsync, mail, ftp...
- clear: revision is just a date, not an obscure hash or number
- naturally compress: your code is naturally compressed by trc, less disk space wasted
- pragmatic: who has time to set up a git repository?
How to install
root@my-host # wget https://raw.github.com/kakwa/trc/master/trc -o /usr/local/bin/trc
root@my-host # chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/trc
How to use it?
It's really simple:
me@my-host # trc <project directory>